
Today was such a great day! I spent the night at my dad's house, and woke up this morning to him making cinnamon rolls and the doberman wanting to go out. It was so nice to have that "homey" feeling back again. I'd been missing it at my busy city apartment.
I helped dad string up all the outside christmas lights. We started with icicle lights for the edge of the roof - dad sitting on the roof, hanging them, and me standing on the ground handing the lights up to him. Eventually his knee started to bother him so I offered to come up onto the roof instead. Unfortunately, I am dreadfully afraid of heights. It took all of my courage to lean over the edge of the roof to string up the lights, but I did it. And I did a better job than dad. We teased each other about this afterwards. *chuckle*
We also put lights around the fence, and along the landscaping. There are even candy canes lining the driveway, and an inflatable Santa Claus flying a helicopter in the front yard (dad's a pilot). I think it's nice that dad likes to go all-out for the holidays. He's really big on "family together time" and the holidays is an easy excuse for him to get just that. -lol-
We went out to lunch together. He got some sort of cheesey sandwhich melt, I got a simple salad. They put sweet green peppers in it, though, and that's something I'd never tried in a salad before. It was a nice surprise to bite into the sweet, spicy, and crunchy peppers. Who knew a food could be so many things at once?
A fellow blogger has taken to writing a list of all that she is thankful for at the end of her blogs (http://aleeshasrawlife.blogspot.com/) I'd like to do the same.
Today I am grateful to have woken up to family, and warm, gooey cinnamon buns.
I am grateful to have been able to overcome my fear of heights (temporarily) in order to help my dad.
I am thankful that we had lunch together, and for my delicious salad.
I am thankful that I was able to go grocery shopping with my sister, and get good things for them to eat and drink.
I am thankful that I am able to be online tonight to write all of this down.
Photo comes from here: http://ravenmacabre.deviantart.com/ *I warn you - it is not a site for small eyes. I search for pictures relevant to my blog, and then link back to their original source. I don't always agree with what else can be found there...
All the best :)

No comments:
Post a Comment