11.08.2009

Kale



I have decided that I must have kale seeds. The bunnies have been eating it a lot lately, and I love the way it looks in pots/vases/bowls/anything. I just love the ruffly-ness of it. I love kale. It is also, apparently, a fall crop - meaning it will grow during the winter. One site said that kale can withstand up to 10 degrees BELOW zero before it gives up. And with winter at our door, I figured that's PERFECT. I am going to be making little seedling cups out of newspaper, sprouting the seeds indoors, and then transplanting them into larger pots and moving them outdoors when they are larger. We try not to spend a lot of money on things or buy things new so I am looking for unwanted pots right now. If anyone has some they'd like to donate, I'd love it. I'm going to give craigslist a look-see.

Image credit: http://lubell14.deviantart.com/art/Ornamental-Kale-104378506

No comments:

Post a Comment