2.13.2009

The angelfish is still hanging in there.


I keep having dreams that my angelfish is well again. I wake up every morning and go to the tank to check on her, completely believing that she'll be swimming around again. So far, that hasn't happened. But she is still alive and still eating. Tonight she didn't even want to eat off the tongs. She backed up, and then PUSHED herself off the gravel to swim around for a second or two and grab a few flakes. She's determined to live, and apparently she's determined to eat on her own. I love that 'ol girl. I'm so glad she's decided to stick around a little longer. There are a lot of things looming over my head right now - just things that are very likely to go wrong in my life within the next few months. Some of those are major things. But no matter how much crap piles up over my head, just interacting with that one silly little fish just gives me so much pleasure and allows me to forget about all of the negatives in my life. I owe so much to her. She's such a strong spirit. Ironically, when she was younger I named her "strength." I had a group of babies and I named them all after certain attributes or characteristics that I valued. She was strength, and man oh man has she ever earned it!

Keep on keepin' on, girly! <3

Oh, and image credit: http://isabellany.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment