I always feel like I'm talking to a great big room with nobody in it when I post my blogs. I have no way of knowing if anyone ever reads this since no one ever comments me. But, I enjoy posting so I guess I'll go on posting - hoping someone's actually reading! -lol-
I talked about my sugar problem in the last post. I am happy to report that I am still eating healthily. We did have a few friends over last night for a videogame and anime night, so I pigged out on some mint flavored oreos. But other than that, it's been lots of fruit and very little else. I realise the fruit has a very high sugar content, but it's far healthier than snack cakes and I've been eating such a wide variety of fruit (everything is so sweet and delicious this time of year!!!) that I'm getting plenty of good stuff for my body. I've also been drinking a lot more water than usual.
Yesterday I went for a two hour rollerblade excursion. I didn't intend to be gone for so long, but as I was skating I just kept taking different paths and sidewalks. I found my way onto a golfcourse that is situated alongside our apartment, and followed the golf cart path until I couldn't go any further. From there I ended up in some nice neighborhoods so I went "house hunting" (just browsing, looking, and daydreaming of what I might someday have) and eventually popped out at a street several roads away from my apartment. I was close to my boyfriend's job so I just skated over to have dinner with him. It was really nice. I was completely flushed red and sweating like crazy. My muscles were burning and my heart was pounding. I really pushed myself and it felt so wonderful because I haven't exercised in SO long. My body really wanted to work, so we did and the result was bliss. :)
I promised to post some photos of the new (fuzzy) family members. Without further ado, the fuzz-butts! The first one is Seraphina - she's a grey and white rex rabbit with GIANT bat ears and super-soft fur. She's really sweet and I've found her sleeping on my pillow with me a couple of times. :)
Then her buddy Mochachino. We rescued him from some kids on the side of the road. They had a box full of baby bunnies and were just trying to get rid of them before their mom made them take them to the pound. He LOVES to do bunny flops. He goes into fits of them and gets Seraphina going too. -lol- He's really hyper and kinda skittish, but he's a good bun. This picture was taken the day we got him. He's slightly bigger now, and he's developed black rings around his eyes, and a little black smudge on his nose.

And, the most recent (and probably the cutest) addition: Gizmo. He's so small he fits in the palm of your hand. We stopped into a Petsupermarket to get some bedding for the other buns, and saw him being picked on by two little dutch bunnies. I guess they were jealous of how cute he is. -lol- We picked him up and carried him for a bit before deciding we had to have him. His ears haven't decided whether they're going to go up or down yet, so they just stick straight out to the side like a little airplane. -lol- Hopefully he'll be the last bunny we add to the family. David has a habit of bringing animals home at random though...

I want to post some photos of the big maze we made for the rats the other night, and the new arrangement on our patio. We also have a new reptillian addition to the family that needs posting. I'm going to add all of that in a separate blog so as not to overload the site, my computer, or myself with too many pictures all at once. :)
That is the cutest rabbit I've ever seen!
ReplyDelete